post #1 : ˗ˏˋ about me ! ´ˎ˗

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷    Hello! My name is Marissa and I am currently a sophomore at FSU. I intend to go into the Elementary Education program here, and I am minoring in child development and psychology. I love writing and taking on creative projects (such as this one), as well as taking care of animals. My roommates and I have a cat named Juno - she is part calico and part siamese, and all of us love her to bits. While living on campus, I would visit the FSU cats on the way to my classes, though living off campus has made that a bit more difficult... I still try to make time for them, though. I'm looking forward to learning new things in this class and hope to see myself grow throughout each of these blog posts!

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    I have quite a bit of experience in using technology in my years of schooling. Although I didn't truly start doing so until middle school, I have grown acquainted with many different methods of both learning and teaching with technology. In high school, I became very accustomed to technology in the classroom and outside of it due to the Covid outbreak. Though it was quite a learning curve for teachers and students alike, I do believe that some good came out of remote learning. It is great that students who physically could not be in class could still experience it with combined remote and in-person learning, and I don't doubt that this use of technology will continue to be prevalent in the future.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    When it comes to personal learning networks, I would say that my learning style is closely associated with the visual aspects of teaching and the classroom. I believe that a well-decorated and comfortable environment can work wonders when it comes to student engagement, and sources like Pinterest and occasionally Instagram are great sources of inspiration for this. Though I am accustomed to technology, I still think there are a few offline sources that I value. I would say the person I look up to the most when it comes to teaching is my mother - she has been a teacher for several years and is always eager to help me when it comes to planning my future. I think it is great to have both on and offline resources in this regard, and both of these have assisted me greatly as I head toward my goal of becoming an educator.


"cat" by Shalva Mamistvalov. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular Posts