post #3 : ˗ˏˋ issues with technology ´ˎ˗

 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷    What is copyright, and why is this an important issue? Copyright, to me, is a way of protecting an original concept that the creator does not want to be replicated. Although copyright is applied to an original work, it is still essential that individuals who wish to protect inventions or creators to patent their findings. Fair use, on the other hand, is determined on a case-by-case basis. As a teacher, I think it will be important for me to understand the difference between things that are copyrighted or open for fair use. In the classroom,  I believe it is important to encourage students to form their own unique ideas and to not take ideas from others when working on projects.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    Academic dishonesty is definitely something I believe is a huge issue when implementing technology into the classroom. It is difficult to determine whether work is original or fabricated, so I think that the best way to gain some control over this would be to monitor students' work in class and make original assignments that students would not be able to search online. In my opinion, there is no way to completely put an end to academic dishonesty, but it can make a difference if a teacher pushes the notion that students will not learn through fabricated work. I can understand why decreased productivity can occur in students when they have access to technology - it is easy to get distracted with the vastness of the internet at your fingertips. I think this can be helped if the assignments given to students are able to keep them engaged and interested. Giving students original, enjoyable assignments can keep them focused and on-task.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    I learned a lot while making my newsletter design. I really enjoyed the creative aspects of this project, such as creating a banner and correlating colors and designs to make everything work well together. I more or less knew how to do everything this project required, but being able to apply my knowledge was a lot of fun, and it gave me a lot of freedom to be creative. I had some troubles when it came to what exactly to write on my newsletter in the beginning, but once I started, I found that it was almost difficult to stop. This makes me eager to become a teacher and be able to utilize my skills and creativity!

Comments

Popular Posts