post #6 : ˗ˏˋ my experience on web 2.0 ´ˎ˗

   ˏˋ°•*⁀➷    Though we have not been using Diigo for too long in this class, I think it is a very interesting source for learning and sharing information we find. I was initially a bit confused as to how to use it due to the simplicity of the interface and lack of direction on the site itself, but after working through it as a class I found it quite easy. I think Diigo is a great way to share resources with classmates, especially with the annotation features. I only wish that this site had more options for creativity, as I find that resources are always easier to follow and navigate if they are engaging to me as a viewer. This aside, my experience with Diigo so far has been positive, and I hope to learn more about it as we continue.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    If it hasn't been apparent, I love the blogging experience. Creating my own site was very fun for me, and I like having my own unique format and style of writing and posting. I like that this is a more casual approach to writing, and I love that I don't have to submit formal reflections each week instead. I think blogging is a fun alternative to submitting a sheet of writing, and I have definitely learned a lot from it. For starters, I learned a lot about making my own site and conveying my ideas in a unique way. I also think that this experience has made me more articulate in an online setting - though my writing has been casual on my blog thus far, I think it is important that I am not always writing in an incredibly formal manner.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

   YouTube is a Web 2.0 resource that I have seen many teachers use, and I think that there is a good reason behind this. Students can learn in many different ways, and some may prefer one form of teaching over others. This could include seeing different perspectives on a subject they may be struggling on - YouTube has millions of videos that are made for students and classroom use, and in most cases they are short and easy to follow. I think that I would be able to use this when teaching younger students because taking a break to watch something engaging and interesting could be very beneficial, especially if a student is struggling.

Comments

Popular Posts