post #7 : ˗ˏˋ technology in teaching ´ˎ˗

    ˏˋ°•*⁀➷    Prior to this assignment, I had never heard of teacher websites - neither my middle nor high school required teachers to keep their own webpages, so I looked into schools in Leon County that have teacher websites. I ended up finding several pages on the site for Lincoln High School, and I found it very interesting to see that each teacher has their own unique page. I would assume that prior to taking a class, students and parents can learn more about the teacher and curriculum, as well as an entire course calendar. On the website that I observed, the teacher offered several resources for students, such as quick links to the school website and gradebook, as well as pages of textbooks. I think that this is a great resource, as it ensures that every student has access to required material. All of this was accessible without a login, which I think is great, as even people who may not be too familiar with technology can simply visit the website and gather the information they need.




*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    When it comes to my own methods of using technology to spread information, I really enjoyed the virtual newsletter assignment - I think that a monthly summary of what we will be learning in class can be very beneficial, as parents can follow along with what their children are learning (especially since I plan on teaching younger students). If the school I work for does require teachers to make websites, I do think that this would allow me to expand on the topics discussed on the newsletter. I liked the idea of incorporating a class calendar that I can update with each month, and if I can provide resources (such as reading material) to my students, I definitely would.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

   I had not realized that Canvas could be used in the way that we had for Assignment 2. I think it was very interesting, as this is the first time I had used the group feature on Canvas, and it allowed for all of us to work simultaneously without obstructing each other's work or distracting one another. I liked how we were able to format out project similarly to a website, using links to navigate from one website observation to another. It was a bit confusing at first, but I think I ended up getting the hang of it and liking it quite a bit. I am unsure if this would work as nicely in a K-12 classroom, at least in the age range that I plan on teaching (roughly second or third grade). I could, however, make a Canvas page as a teacher for parents to interact with and get information from.

Comments

Popular Posts