post #8 : ˗ˏˋ technology skills ´ˎ˗

    ˏˋ°•*⁀➷    I had quite a bit of fun and learned a lot from creating my own page for the Web Design Assignment. I like that I can incorporate things that I find cute and aesthetically pleasing to keep my website engaging while also supplying all of the necessary information for potential students or parents to read. I really liked working on Weebly, and once I got accustomed to its interface, I found that it was surprisingly easy to make my website. I also liked that we worked on linking outside resources, such as the google calendar and links to student resources. I think that this was great practice for things I might have to do in the future, so I liked being able to work with multiple platforms. My website can be found at https://rissarose.weebly.com

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    Through using Diigo, I have learned a lot about how to share information with others, especially with the annotation feature. I think that this could be very useful in the classroom as it allows teachers to highlight important information for students, so they would be able to keep certain things in mind while reading an article or study. I think the same could be said for working in a team setting - people can highlight information for one another and work collaboratively to come to an understanding of a certain subject matter. When it comes to personal use, I think Diigo would be great for someone to keep a personal library of sources or sites they could use for their job or school. 

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

   When it comes to technology in a school setting, I think that teachers have a lot on their shoulders. Elementary teachers are tasked with teaching young students how to use modern technology, and even then, it can be difficult to ensure that every student is following along. Fortunately, there are a lot of ways for teachers to stay informed and up-to-date in terms of technology in the classroom. A blog post that I found by Thinkfic News, for example, explains the importance of technology and gives suggestions to teachers who may be struggling with what to implement into their classroom or how to do so. This post can be found at https://www.thinkific.com/blog/educational-technology-trends/

Comments

  1. I LOVE the aesthetic of your website! It is so cute and friendly, absolutely perfect for a 2nd grade class. I love how on the first page at the bottom are all of the links, as well as on the top. I think that you should have added a picture of yourself though so that the parents can put a face to the name. I love the layout of the announcement page and how you can see the calendar and to do list at the same time. The repetition and contrast of the colors pink and green is perfect. I loved everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your website design. By the CRAP principles, I think the contrast principle is fulfilled. The repetition is present, however, I think maybe you could have made all the page headings the same color to ensure the repetition as the welcome page heading has a different font color from the rest. The alignment and proximity on your website are consistent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts