post #9 : ˗ˏˋ distant learning ´ˎ˗

     ˏˋ°•*⁀➷    Distance learning for me was definitely an interesting experience. Because it was a new style of learning for my entire high school, I would definitely say that there were a few things we could have improved on. In retrospect, I can definitely see the necessity for courses such as this one - many teachers at my school were not accustomed to using technology in their lessons, especially when both students and material were on the same screen. Like many others, I enjoyed remote learning because I could go to class in the comfort of my own pajamas, but I also recognize that I did not learn nearly as effectively as I would if we were in a physical classroom together. This is one thing I would definitely like to work on if I have to teach virtually in the future. I want to ensure that students are engaged and can still work in the style that complements them, even if they are not in the classroom.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

    OERs are learning resources that anyone can use. These can be great for teachers because they can then incorporate the material they gain into lessons for students. On the other hand, students can utilize these open resources as well. Sites such as Khan Academy and Wikimedia allow students to learn and gather information for free. This blog by Nicole Bixler goes into more detail about what exactly an OER is, and she talks about the benefits of using them.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

   Though I've known a lot about PowerPoint in my experience as a student, I still enjoyed the learning experience of working on Assignment 4. I decided to be a little more creative with my layout, and instead of creating it through the PowerPoint application, I made it in Canva and imported it into PowerPoint. This was very fun for me, as I got to choose my own color palette and designs while still learning. I definitely think that this will be something I will incorporate into my own teaching style, as it allows me to be creative while still getting information across to students. 



Comments

Popular Posts